Monday, April 4, 2011

Because of you...

-Because of you, our little "bonus", I am the mother of four. (Which was not the plan!) -Because of you, I am in the 1% of moms who get the experience of having twins. -Because of you, I know how it feels to almost lose a child...to feel helpless and terrified. I said goodbye before you were airlifted, wondering if I would ever see you again. -Because of you I heard your daddy sobbing, so scared that you weren't going to make it. -Because of you, I thank God for the two little blessings that we got to bring home and welcome into our family. -Because of you, I now know that an out of control child isn't always due to lack of parenting! -Because of you, I know how to get gum out of hair, nail polish off of the kitchen table, white-out off of clothes, Sharpie off of bedroom furniture and powdered sugar out of carpet. -Because of you, I know how to put the computer keys back on, how to childproof things that I never thought needed to be childproofed and how to glue lamps back together. -Because of you, I need to have eyes in the back of my head, running shoes on at all times, ears that can hear a pin drop and the patience of Job. -Because of you, I am learning that I need to develop a new way of parenting, because you just require something a little different than the other three. -Because of you, I need to do laundry every day so that your "awesome shirt" is ready when you go looking for it. -Because of you, I can't sleep past 6:15 am. Even if you sleep longer, I am now programmed to wake up that early. It's not always fun, but I get a lot more done...because of you. -Because of you, I know what an incredibly smart man is like as a little boy....because I know that you will do great things one day with that amazing mind God has given you. -Because of you, I know that I can be so in love with someone that drives me absolutely crazy!
AWESOME SHIRT

YEP! (The secret is peanut butter)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a fun and sweet post Ashley, I can't wait to see the scrapbook page!!!! Isn't it all true? Thanks for writing, it put a smile on my face!

2boys2girls2ofakind said...

I just love this post...thanks for putting your heart out there! You are so blessed!

Anonymous said...

Love this!

Melissa said...

:) Your cute little man Coleson is such a character... he definitely keeps you on your toes. What joy all of your kids have brought your life... they are all sweet blessings!

Wubben World said...

Love the honesty and transparency....he is SO BLESSED to have you for his mommy and one day he'll look back on these days and remember the LOVE you constantly provide!!