Monday, April 11, 2011

Little Boy Bedrooms

Weston and Coleson's room is pretty much done...well, it's actually been done for about 2 weeks, but I wanted to keep all of you in suspense! I love decorating little boy rooms, even more than little girl rooms. Little girl rooms are so obvious to me, but boy rooms are challenging, and I'm always up for a good challenge!
The finished product I painted this to match their bedding...can you say copy cat Pottery Barn?? ABC decor- the "N" hasn't made it's way up there yet.


Some storage bins that I found and painted...they were actually mini American Girl doll houses before I got my hands on them.
Cute little boy bedding- it's called Backyard Friends and it's from Target, if anyone wants to know.
I painted their dresser and bookshelf cream. The natural wood that matched with their cribs wasn't looking so hot with the bunk bed color.

I also did a little painting in Carter's room last week. Nick filled some nail holes in the lighter color, without realizing that I am fresh out of touch up paint. I just painted the 3 light walls the same color as the darker wall, and all is well again in Carterland.

BEFORE I painted

AFTER

Auntie Felicia gave the boys these cute little backpacks a few months ago, and they absolutely love them. The keep all kinds of fun things in there, and Coleson will wear the thing ALL DAY LONG. So cute!
We've come a long way since this post, which was last year at this time. I can now get them all to look at me and smile at the same time! I've been waiting for this day for a long time!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

They turned out so cute! Nice job!

2boys2girls2ofakind said...

darling....well done...can't wait to see pictures of the bathroom when your done with that!

Wubben World said...

Well done...wanna come help me with a few projects?

Melissa said...

Nice job! The boys' rooms look really great...thanks for posting pics :)

pysanki.blogspot.com said...

Cute rooms! You're inspiring me. :)