Sunday, April 4, 2010

A new kind of perfection

I have taken Easter morning pictures of the kids every year, and I was really hoping to get a good one of all 4 this year. No, they are not all looking and smiling. No, they aren't posing or listening. BUT...it's just where we're at! This is who they are, and this is as good as it gets. There's something about this picture that I just LOVE. I usually love perfection, and this isn't it, but it just doesn't matter. This is a new kind of perfection, because it is a perfect example of who they are. I love that Coleson is trying to escape, because that's what he does! I love that Weston is throwing a fit, because that's pretty typical! I love that Ava and Carter are laughing and being goof balls, because it's how they are! This captures their different personalities and will hopefully, someday, do a great job of bringing me right back to Easter 2010.

4 comments:

Wubben World said...

LOVE this picture...and you're right! This captures it all...those are sometimes the best types of photos...something to make us smile as we look back on this time of our lives! You have precious children!

Melissa said...

These are the kind of pictures you'll treasure when they're older. Just your kids being themselves... CUTE!

2boys2girls2ofakind said...

adorable!

Michelle said...

I love it! Candid shots are always my favorite.