Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Big boys in their bunk beds!

We finally caved, and got the boys bunk beds. They were absolutely done with their cribs, but I was having a hard time taking that final step out of babyhood. *sniff, sniff* They are LOVING their beds and feel so grown up! Coleson claimed the top bunk right away, and has been doing great. We have the option of taking them apart to make two beds, but the boys have been following the rules pretty well, so we'll see. These pictures were from their first night in the beds, which was about a week ago. Since then, we have painted and redecorated. I have a few more projects to finish up, and then I'll post some before and after pictures. No more baby nursery in our house. :(
The only problem that we've had is that Coleson's internal alarm clock is apparently set to 6:00 am. While this might not seem early for some of you, it is excruciatingly early for me! I have been dragging big time these days. He made it until 6:45 am for the first time in 2 weeks, but that's still not good enough. We have tried later bedtimes and cutting out the nap, but it hasn't made a difference. I'm loving my coffee these days, and I'm getting a lot more done since my day is an hour longer!



5 comments:

Wubben World said...

Oh wow...it's it amazing how grown up they look once they are no longer in a crib? Such big boys now! We love our bunk beds too! Can't wait to see the finished projects...sounds like that coffee drink may come in handy one of these days...I'll call ya!

Michelle said...

They look so happy to be cage free! ! Hope Coleson starts sleeping longer for you!

2boys2girls2ofakind said...

*sniff sniff* too!

Mackenzie said...

I cannot believe how big they look in theses pictures. I just saw them this last weekend, and they did not look this grown-up. I am so sad. Time is trully flying.

Melissa said...

That is so adorable that they are in their big boys beds now! They look happy to be in their bunks. As you know, I can relate to the super early wake up... But, the last 3 days the sun/moon night light has dramatically helped. It has been amazing to wake up a little after 7:00 :)