Thursday, February 18, 2010

Confessions of a Clutter Bug

The other morning after getting the kids onto the bus, I started my every day cleaning routine. As I was clearing the breakfast dishes off of the table, I found Ava's "stash". I caught myself getting irritated because I am CONSTANTLY relocating this child's clutter, but then stopped. I stopped and remembered, this little girl is going to grow up so fast. She is going to go off to college, get married, have a family, and be whoever she is going to be. When that day comes, my house will probably be free of clutter, but that means she will be gone too, and I know that I will wish that I had savored every moment of her childhood. So instead of getting mad, I'm going to hold on to every moment, and be glad for this amazing little girl that God has given us. Be glad that I have her clutter here to surround me. Be glad that God has a sense of humor and gave this neat freak mom a clutter bug daughter!
---Ava brought all of these things to the breakfast table. Why? I don't really know, I guess she needs them all!---
The top ten weirdest things that Ava feels the need to save:
1. The Lunchable's plastic tray to "organize" with.
2. I find rocks in her pockets or backpack EVERY day.
3. A spider egg sack.
4. Her orange peels. because she wanted them for a craft.
5. After playing in the park, I made her empty her pockets. What was in them: 4 pinecones, sticks, lots of rocks, a few leaves and some moss. (I'm not kidding either.)
6.Her yogurt containers to "keep stuff in".
7. Every piece of paper that she has ever colored on, drawn on or written on.
8. Crayon paper and pencil shavings.
9. Her friends know that she's a collector, so they are always giving her little trinkets. Her friend Hailey gave her a mini M & M container that I got in so much trouble for almost throwing away!
10.Anything and Everything that she can get those little hands on!
Please tell me that it's just a phase, and that she's not going to be a hoarder when she grows up!
BOYS BOYS BOYS...just because they are so stinkin' cute!
This is the adorable Weston that we all know and love. Don't let those baby blues fool you!
This is why the Jumbo pack of Nerf Bullets has dissapeared so quickly! What are you lookin' at?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously....how can it be that our girls are so much alike. Reading this....so many similarities. If you looked through Hailey's backpack, you might think it was Ava's!

Mackenzie said...

It runs in the family. This is so Kausten. I was hoping he would grow out of it, but looks like it will continue. She is so cute. I just love her to pieces.

Melissa said...

I think it's great that you're embracing your little clutter bug :) . It's so true how us parents will always treasure the little quirks of our kids.
Coleson & Weston... you 2 are such cuties!