Wednesday, September 23, 2009

3 boys...really?

The top 5 reasons that I should have had all girls:

1. Dec. 2008- Carter swallowing a nickle and having to get it extracted in the O.R.
2. June 2009- Carter falling head first into the coffee table and splitting his eyebrow wide open.
3. July 2009- Carter deciding on one of the 1st days of swimming lessons that he could swim in the deep end, and my fully clothed friend Jessica having to dive in to save him.
4. July 2009- Carter falling into the fire pit while camping and burning his hands. (Even though he was completely laying with this whole body in the fire...lucky boy.)
5. Today- Carter slamming the back of his head into the entertainment center, running into the kitchen so upset that he couldn't even breathe, and then turning blue, going limp and passing out on the kitchen floor...Thank God daddy was home because mommy completely lost it. (We think he must have hyperventilated- he was so upset and just couldn't get a breath in.)

Everyone tells me that he is a typical boy...but come on, really??? I would like to see someone top this list, especially considering that all of these happened in a 9 month period to one little boy with a super panicky mom! I just don't know what to do with this fireball of a kid. (Now is not the time to remind me that there will be 2 of them following in his footsteps, I already know!) All I can say is this boy must have a lot of guardian angels out there...and I have a feeling they only get a break when he's sleeping!

5 comments:

Tanya said...

It's time to get the boy a helmet and some bubble wrap! :) Hope he's feeling better today after yesterday's incident...poor guy! This obviously happened after he had been at our place asking for Ethan to play. They really don't know what to do with these opposite Preschool schedules. Ethan informed me that I never let him play with Carter any more and was mad at me. Sorry Carter! Sorry Ethan! Let's try for the weekend!!

Unknown said...

No, I would never tell you that you have two more in his footsteps! Each kid is different, and hopefully Carter's one of a kind! I love the book "The Power of a Praying Parent" because of all the specific ways it reminds us to pray for our kids. Under "physical protection" I do think there should be a special section on BOYS! Aptly titled "how to prevent them from permanently maiming or injuring themselves." Bubble wrap and a helmet sound like a good start!

PS. We've had one trip to the ER in the last year, and a knot on the forehead that was bloody black and blue the size of a golf ball. Nothing near your tally!

2boys2girls2ofakind said...

Not a chance you should have had all girls...those boys belong in the just right family...YOURS...and they are so blessed to have you, even panicky you, for a mommy. That is why you married Nick..he balances you out well. Those boys are the best and we have years ahead of us, chalk one up to great memories! :)
That is a great list though!

Karen DeGroot said...

Ashley Ryne my youngest fell off of some hay bales and broke his arm had his cast off for 6 weeks was playing on a trampoline with Malorie and broke his leg wich required surgery and then 3 months later ran thru a barbed wire fence and had stiches by his eye :) It seems like after that not much happened to him:) They just like to get all done at once :)

Keeley said...

OK I know this sounds crazy...but I think Hudson and Carter might be one in the same!!! I was reading your top 5 list and was chuckling a little bit because Hudson has done things just like that already and he's only two! We have GOT to get this boys together...although I fear it would be pure trouble! I'll have to ask Justin if him and Nick got into trouble together back in the day, and if so...we might be in for it! :)