Thursday, January 12, 2012

Five Years of Christmas

I copied and pasted this blog post from last year, and added this year's picture at the bottom. Sorry this is so late, but I haven't had time to go through Christmas pictures until now.


2007

We found out 3 days after this picture was taken that a baby would be joining our family.

We found out 3 weeks later that it would actually be TWO babies! Ava was 5 and in preschool, and Carter was 2 1/2.


2008

I remember being so overwhelmed at the blessings that we had received that year. We had been quite worried about the health of the twins on several occasions, and to see 4 healthy kids in front of our tree was truely a gift from God. Ava was a big kindergartner, Carter was 3 1/2 and the twins were 5 months. 2009

The fun had just begun last Christmas. These 2 little trouble makers had just started walking, and you might notice that our tree was in a different room due to their destructive behavior. I remember being surprised at how they were all kids now, and there weren't any babies in our family anymore. 2010
I love that my kids love each other so much! Do they fight? YES! But they would do anything to protect one another. I love how Carter has his arms around Coleson and Ava, and how big sister has her baby brother on her lap. We are so blessed! 2011

We did Christmas with our family on Christmas Eve this year, because Nick was on nights and was sleeping Christmas morning. We emailed Santa at SantaClause@thenorthpole.com and asked him to stop by our place a day early, and it worked! The kids were thrilled!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Amazing how fast things change!

2boys2girls2ofakind said...

So stinkin' cute, my friend. You are certainly blessed!

Wubben World said...

adorable...and oh how they grow up so fast right before our eyes!!!

Melissa said...

You have such sweet and beautiful kids! God has certainly blessed you with an amazing family!