Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Week in Maui

Nick and I had an amazing time in Maui last week with a big group of friends from high school. We all went for our friend Abby's wedding, and we had such a good time. It was Nick's first time to Hawaii, and my second, so we took full advantage of our time without kids and tried everything.



We met friends at Bubba Gumps for dinner. My friend Sarah's husband, my friend Erika's husband and I rocked the Forrest Gump Trivia!

Derek, Erika, Sarah, Jason, Joel, Brittani, Kristi, me and Nick

Our Sushi Night at Kobe Steakhouse...mmmm!
I could become a professional beach bum. LOVED IT!

Kristi, Brittani and me

Toes in the sand

Luau night with Joel and Brittani!

Joel and Nick


Brittani and me




The pig cooked all day in here

digging it up

The best pork i've EVER had! It was amazing!

Road to Hana-this one just loves to get his picture taken!

A beautiful beach that we stopped at on our Road to Hana trek


We kept on seeing these trees...not sure what they were, but they were gorgeous.



We jumped in this cold pool and swam under the waterfall. A nice man took our picture. It was freezing!

This beach had some big waves- the almost knocked me and Brittani over. Don't you love how our husbands are laughing in the background!

Brittani and I braved Black Rock! I have jumped off of anything that high. (I think it's about 25 feet.) We jumped from where Nick was standing at the very top, and it looked much higher from the top looking down. (Brittani is above with the pink bathing suit, and I'm right below her in the black.) We had so much fun we went up and did it again!

We hung out at my friend Sarah's hotel (right by Black Rock) all day. They had a lazy river, a beautiful beach, and a really good restaurant and poolside bar. What more did we need?

Brittani, Erika, me and Sarah


Abby's Wedding Day- I didn't anticipate the tears that would go along with her wedding. As most of you know, I took her wedding pictures, so tears and a view finder don't go well together. I ended up doing alright, and got ahold of myself. Abby and Clint's wedding was beautiful!

Me, Kristi, Abby and Brittani

Clint and Abby's beautiful beach wedding

My favorite picture


3 comments:

Erika said...

Great job capturing the moments! love your work!! :) esp the toes in the sand picture..so creative.

Michelle said...

So fun! ! ! So glad you guys were able to get away for a whole week!

Mackenzie said...

beautiful pictures. I bet you guys had a wonderful time. We had a blast with the kiddos during Kausten's birthday weekend. Ava and Carter were such a big help with everything.