After a recent episode of the Berenstain Bears, my kids decided that they had to have a lemonade stand. I held them off for a few weeks, but finally gave in because I knew they wouldn't be able to once school started. Alyssa, our neighbor, joined in on the fun. They started around 11, came in for lunch around 1, and were back out there for another hour or so. (Alyssa made it until lunch.) They ended up making about 6 dollars each by the end of the day, which was pretty exciting! Ava wants to spend her money on toys, and Carter wants to put his in the bank for college. (Yep, still young enough to be easily persuaded my mom!) They had a great time, and I think that this might be an annual event. Thanks to everyone for stopping by and supporting their efforts. :)
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Your stand has inspired an E-town version! We're having a garage sale in a few weeks, and Wayne has convinced us that he needs a lemonade stand, with cookies! I think he might eat all his inventory though.
Looks like they had fun, cute pictures!
fun...my kids were begging too and I never gave in...maybe next year!
Awesome ...great way to teach kids about the value of money!
Post a Comment