Monday, December 21, 2009

Speckled, Spotted and Polka Dotted

That is what our kid's hands, feet, mouths and bottoms look like right now. They apparently have "hand, foot and mouth disease". This is a virus that causes you to get blisters in your mouth and throat, on your hands and feet, and causes some sort of bumpy diaper rash. Carter also has it on his knees, which is kind of odd.
It hasn't really bothered Carter or Coleson, but Ava and Weston (the dramatic ones) have been quite the complainers. Weston's blisters are just about gone, which means the other three should be well over it by Christmas, since Weston got it 2 days before everyone else. The nurse said adults don't usually get it, which is nice for me and Nick. So anyways, that's what's going on over here. Hope everyone has a great Christmas!

3 comments:

2boys2girls2ofakind said...

Oh, I am sorry! At least it should be over by Christmas and at least everyone has it on break, so no missed school, but still, hang in there.

Michelle said...

Thats no good. Hope they are all starting to get better! ! Missing Christmas would not be fun.

Mackenzie said...

Ohhh I was so hoping for pictures. The nurse in me was anxiously waiting for them. hee hee. I really really really would be sad if we didn't get to see anyone at Christmas. So I am sending good wishes and fast healing prayers your way. We love you all.