Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thing 1 and Thing 2 and the Cat in the Hat

Ava had Be Excited About Reading (BEAR) week last week. Her and her friend, Kloe, decided to be Thing 1 and Thing 2. Kloe's mom and I were so excited that they came up with it on their own, so we got busy with the costumes. She found the wigs and the red thermals, and I got the pants and made the shirts.* They were adorable, and it was so perfect that there was a Cat in the Hat in their class too!



*Instead of spending $15 each on the shirts, I made them!! I got red shirts from Michaels for $2.50 each and also picked up some iron on transfer paper. Then I made the logo's in photoshop, printed them onto the transfer paper with my home printer and ironed them on. It was so easy and ended up costing about $5 per shirt...not too shabby!

3 comments:

2boys2girls2ofakind said...

darling...hang on to those..I see lots of thing 1 and thing 2 in both our futures! :)

Michelle said...

They are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Love love love this!!! Now you have the perfect costumes for thing 1 and thing 2 coming up in a few years! :)