Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pictures from "The best birthday ever!!!"

Well, Ava Jean is 8! She was so excited for her party this year and I don't think she was dissapointed! We did a "big girl" tea party theme, and her and I made most of the decorations. I also made her the applique shirt and the fabric flower in her hair.
Little brother had to jump in for a picture with the birthday girl!
I had so much fun coming up with the theme and decorating for her party...girly stuff is way too fun!

She got so many fun presents! She got the guitar, a sewing machine, lots of books, some clothes, and $71.
But I think that this one was her favorite...what do you think??!!
She was in shock!
Ava's very own American Girl doll...she got choked up when she opened it! I've never seen anyone more excited over a present before! She said "thank you" to us all day long. My favorite quote from Ava that day- "I don't think I'm ever going to stop smiling again!" She also got an American Girl gift card so she can shop for her new doll!

Cupcakes made by Rebecca from "Cakelicious".

No need to make a wish because it already came true!

5 comments:

Tara Dykstra said...

OH MY GOODNESS... EVERYTHING IS ADORABLE!!! YOU ARE SO CREATIVE AND I DON'T KNOW WHEN YOU FIND THE TIME TO DO ALL THIS... TYRA's BDAY IS A WAYS AWAY... BUT I HAVE ALREADY BEEN THINKING ABOUT A CANDY BAR FOR ALL THE NEICES AND NEPHEWS! AND DEFINATELY PINK FOR MY FIRST GIRLS PARTY!!! GREAT JOB! I LOVE HER HAIR BOW!

2boys2girls2ofakind said...

So fun...she is growing up too fast. Looks like she made a haul! Happy birthday sweet Ava!

Anonymous said...

The girls will have to have a tea party with their "babies" now...Hailey needs someone to play babies with!!

Emily said...

I have heard SO much about the American Girl doll. :-) In fact, she didn't list anything else when I asked her what she got for her birthday. Lucky girl! See you on Saturday!

Melissa said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, all of the decorations for Ava's special day! You are so artistic and creative... it's amazing! I'm so happy Ava had a FUN 8th b-day!!!